Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Poblano Peppers


Poblano peppers are a mild type of hot peppers originally from Puebla, Mexico. They are pretty easy to find in the supermarkets in the USA. They are much more soft than jalapenos but much more spicy that a regular green bell pepper. They are dark green and some of them almost black.

The other day I was in the mood of eating stuffed hot pepper. I made first sharp cheddar cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped with bacon on the grill and they came out sooooo good (I will post that recipe too later in this blog). Because jalapenos are so small and we ate them so fast,  I decided next day to stuff a bigger type of a spicy pepper and that's how I end out creating this super easy recipe.

This was my first time stuffing poblanos with cheese. So initially I started cooking them on the grill and I saw that all the cheese was coming out, I transferred them from the grill to the oven and end out cooking them on broil. 

I love to stuff Poblanos with ground beef. I always made them in July for the Mexican Independent Day. They are a lot of work too. But this recipe it very easy and I am sure you are going to love it!

Anyway since this recipe came out so good I decided to write it down and share it with you today and I also wanted to document it  for me to do it one more time in the future! :)

I hope you enjoy My Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Poblanos!! :)


Ingredients:

5-6 Poblano Peppers cleaned 
Medium Onion chopped
1/2 pack of center cut bacon cut in small pieces
4 garlic's cloves
Fresh ground pepper
8 oz pack of cream cheese room temperature
Cheddar Cheese fresh shredded (I shredded a bunch of different cheddar cheeses I had open in the refrigerator one of it was cabbot cheddar with jalapenos and even added a small piece of goat cheese)

Preparation:

You may use gloves to avoid to get burn (I didn't. So I got burned all over my face, lips... and all parts of my body I touched hahahu!! huh?). Wash the peppers, pad dry them with pepper towel, cut the top and reserve it, remove seeds, and remove carefully the stems from inside the pepper with a knife, and set aside. 
Saute bacon until crispy, add onions, squeeze garlic, and cook it until the onion get translucent. Set a side this mixture and wait until it get to room temperature.
Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the onion bacon saute mixture. Add pepper. Mix all together with a fork. Fill the peppers one by one and close the top with 2 wood tooth sticks nicely.You can leave them in the refrigerator and cook them later or next day.
When ready to cook, place them in a tray covered with foil paper. Set one of the oven rack all the way to the top and preheat the oven on HI Broil. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove them from the oven, wait few minutes, and EAT them!! Now I got a run to pick up my girls from school and take them to extra activities!! Hope you enjoy it!! I <3 you all!! ;) Sarabelle

This is the final result.....



No comments:

Post a Comment